Friday, November 06, 2009

If only it got cold around here


Why do I find myself lusting year after year over winter coats, when there's obviously no time or place to where them here in sunny SoCal? This mint tweed coat from J. Crew is absolutely perfect, except for the fact that it's made of sweat-inducing wool. Although, it is "lightweight wool"...

I tried googling when it's socially acceptable to wear wool coats in SoCal, and of course the snarkiest answer I found was "when you're cold", the more precise answer answer was "when it's below 50 degrees", and the answer I was really looking for was "when you feel like it". Why can't more women in the LA/SD area wear their winter coats out so that I don't feel so self-conscious about it (although, of course, not right now since it's god awful hot) - can't we apply that same mentality we have toward Uggs to winter coats? ;o)

1 comment:

amy kelinda said...

Well, it barely dips below 70 degrees here in Houston, Texas, and I STILL wear my winter coats out. With a scarf AND boots, thank you. I don't think too many people care! (or if they do, they're just jealous because you have a fabulous coat on and all they have are... Uggs?)