Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A Photographic Diary of My Trip: Châteauneuf du Pape

Following the Antic Theater was a wine tasting at Châteauneuf du Pape. On the way to the winery, my tour guide drove around the scenic points and vineyards of the area.






Apparently, this vineyard grows Grenache grapes, one of the select varieties of grapes that can be grown in the region and used to make the wine.



And at the winery I got to learn a little bit about wine tasting. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember to really swish the wine to get the smells going. And inspect the color of the wine against a white background. Oh, and also take two sips, a quick sip for your first impression and let it linger for the second, because the first taste is very different from the second.



I believe the name of the winery is Maison Bouachon. And I brought home a bottle of very expensive red wine for my parents! It was a pain to get home, but hopefully well worth it (they're saving it for a special occasion).

2 comments:

Tippy said...

I am loving all your vacation photos! Thanks for sharing them :)

Sarah Klassen said...

Such a beautiful place -- I quickly drove through there, en route to Mazan, however, I would have loved to stop :) And the wine! I bet your parents were so happy.

Have a lovely weekend*